Saturday, October 21, 2006

What's that noise?

A person that I live with who is either about to have a baby or experiencing the effects of an abnormially large stomach goita and who hereafter remain nameless said a remarkable thing this morning! Having ventured to the shower first and hearing the sound of rain outside she made the worring remark, "I think that there is another water problem outside. Water is gushing down just outside the bathroom window." Having dug up nearly half the neighbourhood recently in search of broken and clogged pipes my eyes instantly rolled several times. I, like any super hero, leapt from the bed to explore.

It has been a long time since a downpour, even in Melbourne. It made some sense to the unmentionable person when I pointed out that the water did need to run somewhere after collecting in the roof gutters and probably the best place to run is into a downpipe just next to the bathroom window!

I recalled a moment when Braddon, 'Wise Soothsayer of the West', was explaining to a pregnant woman that their brains don't function as effectively as normal and pointing to a wide range of research pointing out this fact.

It was in this moment I thought not to dwell on this matter with her but to write it on my blog.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Without wanting to cast nasturtiums as to the accuracy of any of the information within this fine blog...

I, braddon, of Croydon NSW, humble vagrant and inadvertent stirrer of hornets nests, do solemnly and sincerely declare I have never made any statement to a pregnant woman "explaining that their brains do not function effectively as normal". I make this solemn declaration by virtue of the Statutory Declarations Act
1959 as amended and subject to the penalties provided by that Act for the making of false statements in statutory declarations, conscientiously believing the statements contained in this declaration to be true in every particular.

24 October, 2006 18:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home